Thursday, September 6, 2012
Check it out! I finished something! After a summer of much laziness, I finally finished this little sweater. Pink and green - when you have little boys, it's always a thrill when someone has a girl. I think the buttons look a little bit like watermelon seeds. I found them in Gramma Joy's sewing basket. Hurray for vintage! I knit the first half starting in May and was amazed to see how much my gauge loosened by the second half. That's never happened to me before, but it was quite the lesson in paying attention. As in, do it! You can see how much looser the left side of the photo above is versus the right. So much tighter and tidier at the start of this project, before all those stripes wore me down. Thank goodness for blocking is all I can say. It hides a multitude of sins. I'm looking forward to giving this one to its intended recipient (though being only a few months old, she won't be wearing it anytime soon!).